3 simple ways to attract foot traffic to your new local business in Bellflower!
Attracting Foot Traffic to local businesses in Bellflower can be tough, but with the right strategy in place and hard work, you can get results!
If you are lucky enough to be in the main street with high traffic like Bellflower Street, Alondra Blvd, or Rosecrans Blvd, then all you need is the right combination of signs, and offers!
If you are not in a highly crowded area, then try the following steps:
1- Door Knocking:
- Go to all the nearby businesses and get to know the owners, managers, and workers there!
- Let them know that you are a new business owner in the neighborhood, Ask for their opinion of the area and if they have any advice for you and tell them what you do briefly.
- Ask for their business card and give them yours.
If you don't have any, you can order business cards in Bellflower from Kheresto Gifts for as low as $14.99
2- Make your store customer-friendly:
Use Signs, banners, and more products to showcase your products/services in front of your business
Make sure to have 2 factors in your design:
- Hook: Use an interesting headline that makes people want to look at the sign
-Irresistible offer: Try to make your offer irresistible so that you get as much traffic as you possibly could get.
Once you get the design ready, Print it on one of the following products:
Size: 33" X 81"
Size: 8' x 3' or customized
Size: 46”H X 27”W x 3”D
Size: 16 ft
You get all of that when you join The Bellflower Chamber of Commerce for a small annual fee!
Grand opening & ribbon cutting.
(The chamber will provide invitations to City officials, Dignitaries, and local business owners; ribbon and large scissors.)
(The Chamber will set up your Facebook, Instagram, and or Twitter, including pictures and teach you how to use them. They will also provide tips and coaching so you can maintain them)
New Members Featuring:
(Featured article publication in the Chamber Newsletter)
Networking Events and Seminars:
(Attend Networking Mixers, Educational Seminars/Luncheons, and Community Events)
(Host Networking Mixers, Educational Seminars/Luncheons, and Community Events)
FREE or Low-Cost Vendor Opportunities:
(Vendor opportunities, where available in Summer Concerts, Health Fairs, Mixers, Trick or Treat on the Boulevard, Shop Bellflower and other special events)
Marketing Tools and Services:
(Free emailing blasts of flyers, coupons and special events of your business. Features on their website, social networking sites, and newsletter. Use of their Bellflower Bargains Facebook page where you can share coupons & discounts with the community)
Literature Display in Chamber Office:
(Place your brochures, flyers and business cards in their strategically located office in downtown Bellflower)
Member 2 Member Discount Program
(Chamber Members offer special deals and discounts to other Chamber Members)
FREE Website Ad
(Get a free business card, coupon, or logo ad on their website.)
Theme Park & Activity Discounts
(Discount tickets and coupons to major attractions in Southern California)
So to recap,
- If there is no or little traffic in front of your store then go network with business owners nearby and get them to your business doorstep.
- Make sure your storefront is customer friendly. Work on your hook-offer signs.
- Join the chamber of commerce for more recognition and networking opportunities.